Brochure Type: Preview 2018 USA
Set your watch to a fiery Flamenco beat as you dance through the heart of Spain from Madrid to Andalusia, famed for its Sierra Nevada, Moorish-influenced architecture and the sun-kissed beaches of the Costa del Sol. Visit the ornate Alhambra Palace in Granada, Valencia's 19th century Bullring and marvel at Gaudi's Gothic gift to Barcelona, la Sagrada Familia.
- City tour in Toledo, Madrid, Cordoba, Seville and Barcelona
- Orientation of Valencia
- View the Cave Homes of Guadix, the Serrano and Quart Towers and the City of Arts and Sciences complex designed by Santiago Calatrava in Valencia
- Visit the Synagogue and Santo Tome in Toledo, Mosque of the Caliphs in Cordoba, Cathedral in Seville, the Alhambra Palace in Granada, Montjuic hill and Placa Catalunya in Barcelona
- 8 hot buffet breakfasts
- 4 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (302) 678-9480 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13495469
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Madrid||Arrive Madrid (2 Nights): Welcome to Madrid. Relax or explore this lively city before meeting up with your fellow travellers and Travel Director. Enjoy an evening drive to take in some of the city's main sights followed by a Welcome Reception.Welcome Reception|
Ayre Gran Colon/Melia Castilla
|Day 2||Toledo||Toledo Excursion and Madrid Sightseeing: This morning your Local Specialist takes you on a walking tour of Toledo. Watch craftsmen at work when you visit a traditional steel factory and gain a Cultural Insight into this historical craft. Visit the Church of Santo Tomé, home to one of El Greco's most famous paintings - The Burial of Count Orgaz. Visit the synagogue during your guided walk through the narrow streets. Return to Madrid to admire the monument to Cervantes at the Plaza de España and see Puerta del Sol, the city's hub with your Local Specialist. Later why not join your newfound friends for a typical Spanish dinner.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Seville||Madrid - Cordoba - Seville (2 Nights): Travel southwards from Madrid, through La Mancha, to Cordoba. Visit the Mosque of the Caliphs and learn about the influence of the Moors from your Local Specialist. Tonight you might like to take an Optional Experience to watch a fiery flamenco show.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Seville||Seville Sightseeing: Meet your Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour of Seville. View the Bell Tower of the Giralda. See the tiled fountains, pavilions and lush palms in the Maria Luisa Park, renowned for its landscape design and walk through the imposing Plaza de España. Marvel at Christopher Columbus' ornate tomb in the cathedral. Finally take a walk through the former Jewish Quarter. This evening experience a unique Be My Guest dinner at an olive oil mill where you learn how oil is produced from the 6,000 trees.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 5||Granada||Seville - Granada: Visit the magnificent Alhambra Palace in Granada with a Local Specialist. A fine example of Moorish architecture, the Alhambra was built during the 14th century towards the end of Islamic rule in Spain. Walk through the exotic water gardens of the Generalife, the royal Summer Palace, once linked to the Alhambra by a covered walkway across the ravine.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Valencia||Granada - Guadix - Valencia: This morning travel via the Mora Pass and arrive in Guadix in the northern foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains where you can take pictures of the troglodyte dwellings. In Valencia view the Bullring and admire the architecture of the medieval cathedral and the Serrano and Quart Towers. Stop to view the City of Arts and Sciences which is a large-scale urban recreation centre for culture and science and designed by Santiago Calatrava. Dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner with wine|
Silken Puerta/Tryp Oceanic
|Day 7||Barcelona||Valencia - Peniscola - Barcelona Sightseeing (2 Nights): Head north along the coast through the Levant region and stop at Peñiscola to view the ancient castle of the 'Spanish Pope', used in the film El Cid. Continue along the Costa Dorada to Barcelona, Spain's most cosmopolitan city. View Gaudi's architecture at the inspiring Sagrada Família. See the Ramblas, Plaça Catalunya and the monument to Christopher Columbus. Enjoy panoramic views from Montjuïc during your guided sightseeing tour of the city with a Local Specialist. Tonight consider visiting a Catalan-style restaurant for a delicious dinner of local specialities.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Barcelona||Barcelona: This morning enjoy free time in the city to shop, explore or join an Optional Experience to the monastery at Montserrat to see the mystical Black Madonna. This evening join your companions and Travel Director for a special Farewell Dinner with wine.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 9||Depart Barcelona||Depart Barcelona: Say 'adios' to Spain, your fellow travellers, and Travel Director at the end of a memorable holiday. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Cruise Connection: This trip starts or ends in a popular cruise port, so you can combine a cruise with a more in-depth guided holiday in Europe.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class